26 Oct Credentialing Steps
We welcome your interest in obtaining credentials with the New York Ministry Network. Below are steps and requirements necessary in the pursuit of credentials.
1. Send a written request (letter or email) to the Secretary/Treasurer’s office requesting credentials and include:
• Contact Information
• Name and location of church you serve
•. Brief description of your education qualifications
2. The Secretary/Treasurer’s office will confirm your education qualifications with you. To verify that you have met the qualifications for the level of credential to which you wish to apply, refer to the Education Manual.
3. Once qualification has been verified, an application with additional information will be emailed to you.
4. At the time of the interview, the completed application, required release forms, copy of the applicant’s Social Security card, and the initial background check fee of $150 will be given to Presbyter.
5. The Presbyter will forward a report of the interview along with the submitted material to the Network Secretary/Treasurer’s office for processing.
6. On receipt of the documentation, the Network will process the mandatory background check (felony and credit check). Forms will be sent to the references the applicant submits on the application.
7. The applicant is responsible to request transcripts from schools and colleges attended be sent to the Network Secretary/Treasurer’s office.
8. When preliminary requirements are completed, a written General Council issued exam will be scheduled at the Sectional Presbyter’s office.
9. A synopsis of the exam will be sent to the applicant.
10. The exam will be sent to the Presbyter.
11. The applicant is responsible to schedule the exam appointment with the Presbyter as soon as possible and prior to established deadline.
12. The Regional Executive Presbyter will correct the exam and forward results to the Network Secretary/Treasurer.
13. The Network Secretary/Treasurer’s office will schedule all final credential interviews at a regional location. Interviews are scheduled in the months of January, May, and September.
14. The General Council application fee will be due at the time of the interview.
15. The Credential Committee submits their recommendation to the Network Executive Presbytery.
16. Network Executive Presbytery submits their recommendation to General Council for recognition.
17. The Network Secretary will notify the applicant of the Executive Presbytery’s recommendation.
18. New credential holders will be invited to a day of orientation hosted by the Ministry Network Center to fellowship with our Network staff and receive information regarding subjects of interest as a newly credentialed minister.